Superior quality gear units for packaging industry machinery
HOBA BV designs, manufactures and supplies quality bread slicing, packaging and closing machines for (semi) commercial bakeries worldwide. With over fifty years of sector experience, they are a leading manufacturer of specialized slicing and packaging equipment.
HOBA began by maintaining bakery equipment in 1965. The company’s founder designed a blower to open bags more easily. This popular device led to an increasing demand for a bread slicing machine, which became the next piece of equipment they designed.
HOBA was wrestling with the implementation of their fully automatic Holly HSA-5 band slicer for different loaf sizes and went to BEGE for advice they could trust.
“We have collaborated with BEGE without a problem for years now. What we appreciate most is how they fulfill their commitments, the fast delivery, and the great value for money.”
Johan Lammen – HOBA Co-Owner and Commercial Director
In consultation with BEGE, HOBA opted for ATEK gear units for strategic reasons. These were mounted in their bread slicing machine to control the side belts for the correct positioning of the loaves.
BEGE supplied the 2D drawings for the ATEK gear units to allow these to be incorporated into the machine’s design. This was in the early 1990s. HOBA continues to employ this reliable solution in its machines to this day.
- Defining objectives
- Prompt delivery of components from stock
- Involvement in future projects and new equipment
- Engineering services for the optimization of the entire construction
Thanks to BEGE components, HOBA can build customer-specific machines.
The results in a nutshell:
- Years of continuity thanks to sturdy, reliable ATEK helical gear units
- Quality helical gear units for optimal slicing
- Low risk of malfunction or downtime
- Great relations between the two companies; commitments are always fulfilled and deliveries are made in good order; speedily and packed with care